Green Meetings & Conferences at Destination Hotels & Resorts
Destination Hotels & Resorts is dedicated to practices and programs that pay respect to and lessen our footprint on the environment. As part of a commitment to healthy and sustainable programs, green meetings are standard throughout the Destination Hotels & Resorts group, meeting and conference center properties. You can expect green practices that reduce waste, conserve water and effectively manage energy output for your group or incentive program whether it is an intimate gathering or a large meeting or conference in our IACC-certified facilities.
Choose from our hotel and resort collection that spans coast-to-coast, in one-of-a-kind settings from ocean-front to mountain vistas. Destination Hotels & Resorts offers an array of meeting, group and incentive choices that feature green meeting space and support sustainable practices while encouraging individual property innovation and identification of green practices through Destination Earth®.
Destination Hotels & Resorts can accommodate group and meeting needs while maintaining a commitment to reducing impact on the earth's natural resources through key guidelines including:
- Recycling stations and bins will be available in all meeting rooms.
- White boards will be available instead of flip charts. However, if flip charts are used, only post-consumer recycled content paper will be available.
- Leftover conference supplies such as pens and paper will be donated or reused until depleted.
- Condiments such as ketchup, cream and milk will be offered in service vessels instead of individually packaged items.
- Local and in-season regional ingredients from sustainable suppliers and partners are incorporated into menus.
- Any bottled water that is used will be sourced from within 750 miles from the hotel's location.
- Digital thermostats will be installed to control meeting room temperatures.
Additional green meeting practices for group and meeting planners include:
- Organic food and beverage options along with sustainable meat, fish, pork and chicken.
- Bio-based flatware and recyclable/biodegradable plates and cups instead of plastic items.
- Various options can be selected to create a carbon-neutral event such as alternative fueled airport shuttles, free parking for hybrid vehicles and access to purchasing Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs or Green tags).